Shipping time: 4 weeks
The original SPU model, engineered by Mr. Robert Gudmandsen in 1959, introduced low coil impedance concept. As a basis for reproducing superb high frequencies, this concept has been improved and refined in the decades since.
In 1992 the Ortofon SPU Meister was introduced to celebrate Mr. Robert Gudmandsen’s 50th anniversary working at Ortofon.
The new features for this cartridge, again fully respecting the original concept, involved a wooden box of noble tree – a dedication from Mr. Gudmandsen to the owner of the cartridge. An important new technical data was a raise in output of about 75%, by introducing the Neodymium magnetic circuit. Further the very pure 7-Nines copper was now used for the armature windings.
The cartridge has been outfitted with high purity multi-conductor 6-Nines silver wire (of a purity of 99,9999 %) for a more open and revealing high end presentation.
The nude elliptical stylus tip mass has been decreased by a factor of more than 50%, resulting in increased tracking ability and reproduction of microdynamic detail.
The generator system has been revised produce a slightly higher output to ensure compatibility with a wider range of moving coil transformers and active MC preamplifiers.
• Output voltage at 1000 Hz, 5cm/sec.: 0.3 mV
• Channel balance at 1 kHz: < 1 dB
• Channel separation at 1 kHz: > 20 dB
• Channel separation at 15 kHz: > 10 dB
• Frequency range at – 3dB: 20-25.000 Hz
• Frequency response: 20-20.000 Hz +2/-1 dB
• Tracking ability at 315Hz at recommended tracking force: > 70 µm
• Compliance, dynamic, lateral: 8 µm/mN
• Stylus type: Nude Elliptical
• Stylus tip radius: r/R 8/18 µm
• Tracking force range: 3,0-5,0 g (30-50 mN)
• Tracking force, recommended: 4 g (40 mN)
• Tracking angle: 20º
• Internal impedance, DC resistance: 1,5 Ohm
• Recommended load impendance: > 10 Ohm
• Coilwire material: Silver, 6-nines
•Cartridge body material: Grinded wood
• Cartridge colour: Silver/Black